School, you idiot
I was born on July 24, 1977 in Phoenix, Arizona. My earliest memory was riding a blue power wheel Indy Car. I loved that thing. It was pretty awesome. I also remember telling my parents, when I was about 5 or 6 that I was scared that they would die. I was pretty upset about this. My mom reassured me that they'll be around for a very long time.
I always hated school. In first grade my mom had to drag me to class because I hated it so much. I was never as smart as the kids, and more importantly, as my brother. I met my childhood best friend around first grade. Robert McKenzie. Him and I were inseparable. If one of us got in trouble, the other was there with them.
He and I grew apart later in life. He would go on to join the Navy and then become a preacher. As of this post, I haven't seen him in over a decade. But that's a different story. Another childhood best friend was Damioun. He lived in the house behind ours. He was a great guy. I miss him. It's been 25 years or more since I last saw him. He's a truck driver for a mine in Arizona.
In 4th grade, I had a teacher, Ms. King, who straight up told me I was stupid. No stuttering or anything. That has been with me my whole life, subconsciously. My parents pulled me out of that school (Valley View) and enrolled me into Southwest Ele gmentary. I got reunited with Robert who had transfered at the start of the new school year.
I was diagnosed with dyslexia in 4 th grade. And, at that time guess what they did with kids with learning disabilities? That's right, I got thrown into special ed class and that's were my official learning stopped. The school forgot about us in SE classes. We never got to go on field trip, or any special assemblies. We were the red beaded step child of the school.there was this one girl I had my first crush on, Frances, she was so beautiful .She was Roberts cousin. He transfered schools again after 4th grade and we wouldn't have in school together anymore.
In 6th grade, I wrote a poem about trains that I was asking to read at a poetry contest at school. I was scared to death. My grandfather was there cause it was about trains. He was huge into trains. I remember to this day, seeing him in the back of the cafeteria. The first line of the poem "Trains are big trains are small"... I don't remember any more of it lol.
In 8th grade, I was sent to a private Christian school. That was the single worse experience in my life, until my failed marriage. The kids at this school where stuck up pieces of shit. I was put in a classes with smart kids, and they treated me like an idiot. I barely passed school, and I think it was only out of pity. Now it was on to high school, were life got even shittier for me.
The fucking high school days, that I truly miss...
Comments
Post a Comment